Follow this procedure to switch over Auto-Mate to a new computer.
- On the source computer, open the Rule Manager and select File->Data Management->Backup Rules. Save them to a location on a thumb drive or network file share.
- If your mailbox is NOT on Exchange (ie PST-based), deactivate the license on your current computer because you will need to re-install and re-activate Auto-Mate on the destination computer. This way you will not use up an extra activation count. It’s easy, just open the Rule Manager, then click File->Licensing. Click the Deactivate License button.
- On the destination computer, install Auto-Mate. You can download the latest version here. Please note that Auto-Mate is available in 32 and 64 bit versions. You need to match the bit version with the Outlook bit version. This may not necessarily correspond to your Windows bit version. Please refer to these guidelines before installing Auto-Mate.
- After installing, open Outlook, the open the Auto-Mate Rule Manager and select File->Data Management->Restore Rules. Select the db3 file you saved in the first step. Follow the Wizard instructions to completion.
- If you performed step #2 above, activate your software on the destination computer with your Auto-Mate activation key.
- If you use PST files, you will need to check every rule for folder that may need to be re-synchronized. You can try the built-in tool to scan your rules. Open the Rule Manager and select Tools->Sync Folders. It will list all folders that cannot be located and allow you to re-connect them. This would not need to be done with Exchange.